Thursday, January 28, 2016

Life is Too Short - My Heart is Broken

This is not going to be long.  This is not going to be eloquent.   Life is too short for so many things.  I have been reading a book about letting go and letting God help you become the person He meant you to be.  God wants us to be happy.  God wants us to be content and fulfilled.  But we have to get out of his way and let him.  But I stray from my original thoughts.

As I was unpacking from a weekend with the youth from church (more about that later) I came across some pictures.  I have watched 3 people I love become estranged from each other.
So much has changed for them in the last year.  It breaks my heart.  Image result for broken heart clipartWhy are they estranged?  I honestly don't know.   I know some things changed, but the people didn't change.  They didn't change who they were, what they believed.  Was I wrong?  Did I misunderstand their hearts?  All I see now is:

  • Jealousy
  • Anger
  • Resentment
  • Bitterness
  • Hatefulness
  • Judgment 
I want to fix things.  I want to mediate.  I want to make it the way it was.  I can't.

I have only heard one side of the story, but I heard that from multiple people.  Hateful things were said about one of the three.  No one seems to know why.  We all know what circumstances changed, but why did their relationship have to change?  Why would someone that said they loved another suddenly say mean things about them?

Why do we hate?  Why are we angry?  We do we treat people badly?

No comments:

Post a Comment