Wednesday, January 14, 2015

It's a Love/Hate Thing - Wellness Journey Post #3

I hate restarting exercise.  I love restarting exercise.  Yes I am psychotic.  I hate how pathetic I am and I hate that I let myself quit and gain back the weight AGAIN.  I hate, hate, hate, hate that.  I love how I feel when I am done, even the soreness.  I love that when I start moving again and eating right that my face almost immediately thins out. I loose some of the puffiness.  My skin tone gets clearer.  I have more energy and I sleep better.  Seriously this is all in 3 days.



Anyone who has started a program like this knows the kind of muscle soreness that you get.

The love part, you know your body is burning calories and creating muscle.  All of that will ultimately make you stronger.

The hate part, you can't even get up and down out of a chair.  You can't lift your arms to get your shirt off at night.  You can't go up and down stairs.  Your children think it is hilarious and laugh at you.  :)

I know I have said it before, I have been here before.  So I do know that it all means progress.  I am not a very patient person so getting back in shape and weight loss is a real challenge for me.  I want to be at my goal NOW.   I know, I know, Rome wasn't built in a day. Who said I wanted to be Rome?  You didn't put the weight on overnight.  No that took a lot of inactivity, beer and junk food.  



My biggest fear with the muscle soreness was not being able to effectively work out again at the next class.  So, let me introduce you to my saviors!

Anti-inflammatory essential oils and pain relieving essential oils to the rescue
#1  Aroma Siez 

#2 Copaiba - here is a short little video about Copaiba Copaiba - natural anti-inflammatory

#3 Lemongrass - here is another video about Lemongrass and Copaiba - Tendonitis Relief

#4 Deep Relief - The name is just like what it does provide deep relief wherever I have muscle pain (which is pretty much everywhere).

#5 Ortho Sport.  This is an amazing massage oil.  Have a massage therapist use it in your massage or get someone to give you a home massage.  Ortho Sport warms the muscles and helps eliminate soreness.

So two workouts, one Sunday and one Monday after not working out for many months left me pretty bad as you can imagine.  Tuesday was an hour of hot yoga.

Both days I oiled with these oils, Aroma Siez, Copaiba, Lemongrass mixed with coconut oil.  I spread it everywhere it hurt.  Then topped with Deep Relief.  I did this right after my workout and two - three times a day.   

This morning I was pain free and my muscles were ready for today's workout!

This is not about selling you product.  But I do share these products with people.  If you are interested please let me know.  They are amazing!


I will post more about today's class adventure.  I have already started this protocol again today to hope to be ready for class Friday and Saturday.  Keep moving that body!

I WILL DO THIS



2 comments: