Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Diffusing vs. Air Fresheners

I am in the midst of writing about 5 blog posts at the same time.  Of course I am not finishing any of them.   So this short little interim post will have to do for now ;)

Part of the new challenge we are facing right now is that the FDA has written letters to Essential Oil companies especially two of the big ones.  That includes Young Living.  Right now we are so seriously restricted in what we can say about the oils and what we can share about the oils.  We have never been able to prescribe, or diagnose or anything like that.  But we were able to share our own testimonials. Not anymore.  So, let's talk about something else.

Besides the health benefits that we have all received over the 20 years of Young Living's existence there are many other benefits.

Hopefully you have all seen the articles about chemicals and foreign substances in some of our products.  Here are a couple of examples.

 http://www.nrdc.org/health/home/airfresheners/fairfresheners.pdf

Air Fresheners.    There are horrible things in Air Fresheners.

Honestly they give me headaches now.  And don't get me started on perfumes, cosmetics, or scented candles.  I know there are a lot of people out there that sell those warmers, candles and more.  Sorry - not for me.  I want something natural, that smells amazing and is actually good for you!

 My answer?  Diffusers with essential oils.  Here is the beauty; not only do they smell great and freshen the air, they are good for you!  Maybe they help you boost immunity, maybe they help you sleep better, help boost your immunity, help with the season stuffy nose or sore throat, give you more energy or maybe they help lift your spirits.  Sounds like good stuff right?  Oh yes - it is.

There are many benefits that we have found with diffusing oils.  I would encourage you to go to www.oil-testimonials.com to look up specific benefits of diffusing.  It is a free service!  FREE IS GOOD.  It does require registration.  That way you can look things up yourself.

We have diffusers in every room, bedrooms, kitchen, laundry room and in my office.  I love them!

How did I start?  I bought the starter kit from Young Living, it came with 11 5 ml bottles of essential oils.  Then I experimented.

Here are some of the oils and blends that I love to diffuse.

1.  Purification - this gets rid of smells in the kitchen and in the dog's room!

2.  Peppermint & Lemon - this is a mentally uplifting blend.  Really clears your mind and brain and helps me focus.  Search the web for other potential benefits of these two oils.

Here are some great blends from the Young Living blog and their employees:

You can read the whole post at:  https://blog.youngliving.com/creating-custom-essential-oil-diffuser-blends/#.VDWBcvldUb0 or read the excerpt below.

At our global headquarters, several Young Living employees have created their own custom diffusing blends. Here’s a favorite blend of McKenna H., who works in our Will Call:

  • JasmineOrange, and Tangerine to create a scent reminiscent of spring
“I like to diffuse Peppermint and Thieves. It makes for a very fresh-smelling home, while cleaning the air of impurities at the same time.” –Gail T., Silver
Tiffany V., Senior Star
Other custom blends ideas from Young Living employees include:
Favorite Diffuser Blends from Young Living Facebook fans:
“I created a blend for my daughter’s fourth-grade class to clear the room and help with focus: Peppermint, Clove, Eucalyptus, and Lemongrass.” –Yvonne S., Member
“I diffuse 7 drops of Stress Away and 3 drops of Citrus Fresh to help with relaxation while maintaining a house with two toddlers.” –Nichole C., Member
“For freshening air and getting rid of bugs, I use PurificationPeppermint, Valor, and Thieves.”
“Peace & Calming with some Christmas Spirit at night makes me sleep like a baby, and I wake up happy in the morning!” –Shelly M., Star
“My favorite: 2 drops Joy, 2 drops Abundance ™, 5 drops Citrus Fresh, and 3 drops Peppermint.” –Renee D., Star
Lavender and Orange is a great mix for relaxation and creates a wonderful fragrance.” –Glenda M., Member
“Lavender and Peace & Calming at bedtime creates restful nights for the whole family.” –Darcy D., Star
Are you an essential oils user?  Leave me a comment with your favorite oils or blends.  I love to try new options!

No comments:

Post a Comment