Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Are You Kidding Me?

Welcome to my blog!  So many times throughout my day I feel the need to do a face palm.  So much that you see and hear every day gets an "Are you kidding me?" response.  My Dad used to say to my Mother, "I think you are raising stupid kids!"

Sometimes though that phrase can be something of excitement, wonder, awe.  I am going to look for those type of moments more often!

I want to tell you my personal Young Living Essential Oils story.  I know some of you may be sick of hearing about my passion for oils.  Maybe if you hear how we started, you will understand why I am so passionate about it.  We continue to find new benefits on a daily basis.

Adding Young Living oils to our life was a big part of becoming whole!

Our daughter in 7th grade grew 5 inches in one school year.  The growing pains were horrible.  She also was starting to suffer from female pains!  Let's just say life was pretty miserable for her.  Just to add insult to injury (pun intended) it seems like she was always injured in sports.  We called her Danger Prone Daphne.

We carried Ibuprofen with us everywhere.  Have you all seen the studies and the information about what Ibuprofen does to you?  Our daughter was eating Ibuprofen multiple times per day!

Here is one link with a list.  Web MD Ibuprofen Article

Oh, if those weren't pleasant enough here is an article from Livestrong.com about Ibuprofen in children.  Livestrong Ibuprofen Article

For those of you that don't want to read the articles, here are two highlights.  STOMACH BLEEDING & LIVER PROBLEMS.

So here is how we found a healthy alternative!  We were at a softball tournament in Iowa.  One of Elsie's teammates was hit in the foot with a pitch.  Her foot swelled up, they went to the medic, her parents gave her 5 (count them - 5!) Ibuprofen, they iced and elevated.  She was told that nothing was broken but that she probably wouldn't play the rest of the week.


Our niece was with us and asked if she could put some essential oils on her foot.  We asked her mom and she put on PanAway and Peppermint.  To make a long (and amazing) story short.  She was walking and running that night and played softball the rest of the weekend!

My husband and I talked about it on the way home from Iowa.  David has chronic lower back pain, our son has plantar fasciitis and we could think of many other things that we were currently medicating.  We said, for $150 how could it possibly hurt to give it a try!  We signed up as members and now get 24% off retail on all our oils.
ARE WE GLAD WE DID!  No more Ibuprofen in our house.  As a matter of fact, I have thrown it all away :)



 PanAway does many things but primarily is a pain relieving blend of oils. It smells a lot like Ben Gay or Biofreeze.  





Peppermint is a natural analgesic and is also considered a driver oil so it intensifies any oil that is applied previously.







Here is the "Are You Kidding Me?" part of it.  So many parents continue to give their children Ibuprofen on a regular basis.  How can you afford not to at least try a natural alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment